Illinois Home Insurance Quotes
Shopping for Illinois home insurance quotes doesn't have to be a complicated process involving multiple agents or websites. Agents with HomeInsurance.com streamline the process by working with multiple, highly rated providers at once to find the right coverage at a great price. Even though Illinois' name means "warriors," let us fight the battle for your Illinois home insurance policy.
Illinois home insurance: Protect against the unexpected
The "Land of Lincoln," tall and skinny, has a widely varying climate although most of the state experiences hot, humid summers and cold winters. Illinois experiences an above average thunderstorm frequency and some severe winter storms (especially farther north).
What does it mean for home insurance? As the most populous state in Tornado Alley, Illinois needs to prepare its residents for tornadoes and wind damage. Flooding also frequently plagues the state, so homeowners who live in or near floodplains might want to consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. You can evaluate flood risks in your area here.
Home insurance rates in Illinois
The average Illinois home insurance rate in October 2013 was $764.00. It appears that rates have decreased since September when average rates in Illinois were around $779.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Illinois
|Oct 2013||Sep 2013||Aug 2013||Jul 2013||Jun 2013|
Even when rates decrease, it is important to get all the discounts for which you might qualify. That's where the agents with HomeInsurance.com can really help you. Enter your ZIP code above or call 1-877-919-5198 and our agents can start finding ways for you to save. Some common discounts for which you might qualify:
- Security: Bolstering your home against burglars can win you price breaks on your monthly premiums. You could go big by installing a security system: Discounts can total 10% or more. But you also can think smaller than that: Installing deadbolt locks could save you up to 5%.
- Fire safety: Smoking is not only hazardous to your health; it can be a hazard to your home's health. If you have no smokers in your household, you could save on your monthly premiums. Installing smoke detectors and sprinkler systems in your home also could help you save.
- Upgraded materials: When it comes to Illinois home insurance, new and upgraded materials can save you money. If your house was built within the last 10 years, you could qualify for discounts.
- Claims history: If you've had a claims-free insurance record for 10 years or more, you could qualify for a price break.
- Bundle: Purchasing home and auto insurance through the same provider can typically earn you savings of up to 20%.
- Dwelling: Dwelling coverage helps pay to repair any damages to the structure of your home resulting from covered events. How much coverage do you need? Enough to completely replace your home.
- Other Structures: Buildings separate from your home that stand on your property, such as sheds or detached garages, can be protected.
- Personal Property: Your home's contents, including electronics, clothing, and furniture, also can be protected under this part of your Illinois home insurance policy.
- Loss of Use: If your house is damaged so badly in a covered event that you are forced to move out while it is repaired or rebuilt, Loss of Use can help pay your restaurant and hotel bills.
- Personal Liability: If someone becomes injured on your property and decides to take you to court, Personal Liability can help pay for the legal fees and final judgment.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments, or Illinois MedPay helps pay for the healing process for someone injured on your property who did not take you to court.
- Use our home insurance calculator to estimate the amount of dwelling coverage you might need. All you need to know is your ZIP code and the square footage of your house.
- Create a home inventory to make sure nothing gets left behind or uncovered in the wake of a disaster. Go here to download a free home inventory checklist.
- Kick start your readiness for any disaster by following our disaster preparedness guide. You can find tips to prepare your home for common Illinois disasters such as tornadoes and floods, along with many ways to plan for any type of disaster.
- Illinois Department of Insurance.
Are you getting the savings you deserve? Check out the last five Illinois policies written by HomeInsurance.com to find out what your fellow Illinois residents pay for their monthly home insurance premiums.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$918†||$589†||$771†||$1,193†||$805†|
|Lot Size||3,894 Sq Ft||21,000 Sq Ft||N/A||22,868 Sq Ft||99,752 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,440 Sq Ft||1,536 Sq Ft||1,200 Sq Ft||2,484 Sq Ft||2,058 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Illinois home insurance rates and the nation
How do Illinois home insurance rates compare to those of the rest of the country? Compared to the national average premium of $846, Illinois residents paid $764 on average for their home insurance premiums.
Standard Illinois homeowners insurance coverage
Knowledge always helps when shopping for home insurance; knowledge of how to prepare, what to pay, and what is covered helps you get the best deals and ensure that you're protected. Standard coverages typically included in Illinois home insurance are:
Additional homeowners insurance resources
Find insurance in your Illinois city
Click on your city below for more homeowners insurance information:
|Hoffman Estates||Naperville||Oak Park||Peoria|