North Carolina Home Insurance Quotes
Looking for North Carolina home insurance quotes? Agents at HomeInsurance.com can help you find coverage from multiple, highly rated carriers at the price that fits your budget. Shopping for a North Carolina home insurance policy just got easier in the Tar Heel State, so prop up your feet and let us do the work for you.
Home insurance rates in North Carolina
North Carolina has a variety of different climates. From the mountains of western North Carolina to the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, flora and fauna vary and so does the weather. From the land of the pines to the Outer Banks, different potential disasters threaten homes.
Homeowners in the mountains, therefore, have to worry much more about landslides and destructive winter storms than those on the coast. The residents on the coast (and farther inland), however, must prepare for hurricanes and the hail, flash floods, and damaging winds that can result from them.
You need to understand the potential disasters your home faces to protect it properly. You can go to the state Department of Public Safety website to learn how to protect your home from common disasters. Remember that damage caused by flooding or landslides is not covered under a standard North Carolina home insurance policy. Check out your North Carolina's BEACH or FAIR plan for more information regarding hurricanes. You may want to consider purchasing a separate policy for flooding from the National Flood Insurance Program if your area is at risk.
Home insurance rates in North Carolina
Average North Carolina home insurance rates in October were approximately $610.00 which have increased since September when rates were around $605. Average rates in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in North Carolina. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In North Carolina
|Oct 2013||Sep 2013||Aug 2013||Jul 2013||Jun 2013|
Wonder what fellow North Carolina residents pay in home insurance premiums? Below you'll find a list of the last five North Carolina policies sold by HomeInsurance.com. Remember, home insurance rates vary by city and by individual.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$263†||$332†||$644†||$644†||$473†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Basement||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Basement|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas|
How premiums compare by county
Because of the differences in risk, premiums vary by county. Check below to see how premiums in your county compare with the state average. You also can look at how prices in other Tar Heel counties stack up.
Whether your home insurance premiums are above or below average, there are ways you can save. Common discounts for North Carolina homeowners include:
- Bundling: North Carolinians who purchase both their home and auto policies with the same provider can save up to 20% on their monthly premiums.
- Fire safety: Pine, the official tree of North Carolina, is highly flammable. Some insurance providers offer discounts to homeowners with sprinkler systems, smoke detectors, and non-smoking families.
- Security: Homeowners with security systems or deadbolt locks could earn price breaks.
- New home: Old time tradition isn't always the best thing for home insurance. If your home was built within the last 10 years, you could earn discounts on your premiums.
- Claims history:In some areas, however, your personal history can help you. If you haven't filed a claim in the last 10 years, you could qualify for savings on your North Carolina home insurance policy.
North Carolina and the nation
Compared with the national average premium of $843, North Carolinians paid $610 for their premiums.
North Carolina homeowners insurance coverage
When searching for North Carolina home insurance quotes, it helps to know what coverage comes with a standard policy. Standard policies typically include the following property coverages:
- Dwelling: The protection you traditionally think of when considering home insurance, this helps to safeguard the structure of your home.
- Other Structures: Besides your house, all other structures such as detached garages or sheds can be protected by this coverage.
- Loss of Use: If a covered event damages your home and makes it uninhabitable, Loss of Use can help pay living expenses such as hotel or restaurant bills while your house is being repaired or rebuilt.
- Personal Property: This helps replace the contents of your house, from clothes to electronics to furniture. However, it should be noted that there are limits to payouts for high-value items such as jewelry and furs.
Standard policies also include the following liability coverages:
- Personal Liability: If someone is injured on your property and sues you for damages, Personal Liability can help pay legal fees and the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: If injuries occur on your property to non-family members who don't take you to court, Medical Payments coverage, also known as Carolina MedPay, can help you pay their medical bills.
Other North Carolina resources
Home insurance calculator: To figure out how much dwelling coverage you need, click here. You'll get three estimates of how much it would take to rebuild your home; the differences reflect how many upgrades you've made.
Disaster preparedness guide: This guide can help protect your home and family from any disaster.
Home insurance discounts: Determine whether you qualify for additional price breaks for your North Carolina homeowners insurance policy.
North Carolina Department of Insurance: Check it out here.
Your Tar Heel city and home insurance
Click on the city you live in or the one closest to you for an additional look at North Carolina homeowners insurance.
HomeInsurance.com is located at 4829 Carolina Beach Rd, Wilmington, NC, 28412. HomeInsurance.com is an online service designed to match homeowners with top-rated insurance providers. Licensed agents shop your quote with as many as eight homeowners insurance providers rated 'A' or better by A.M. Best Company to get you the best coverage at the right price, then use their knowledge of discounts to make sure you pay the lowest premium possible.