Tennessee Home Insurance Quotes
Are you scouring the internet for the best home insurance quotes that Tennessee has to offer? Call off the search because HomeInsurance.com has you covered.
Our licensed agents can sort through multiple competitive quotes from top providers to find you protection that fits your budget. Don't waste hours of your time on the phone trying to get quotes from different providers.
With HomeInsurance.com you'll work one-on-one with an insurance expert who can customize a policy just for you. Our agents can even help you find available discounts to lower your premium even more. So just sit back, relax, and we'll take it from here.
Just fill out the quick quote form above or call 1-877-295-3422 and an agent will start finding you up to eight home insurance quotes from top-rated carriers in Tennessee. With our apples-to-apples comparisons you can be sure you are getting a great deal.
See what your neighbors are paying for Tennessee home insurance
Curious about how much you might pay for a Tennessee home insurance policy? Take a peek at what your neighbors are paying. Below are the details of the last five Tennessee policies written by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember, policies differ on the home, coverage purchased and customer history.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$445†||$1,895†||$922†||$1,609||$747†|
|Carrier||Safeco||Safeco||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual|
|Foundation type||Basement||Slab||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Crawl Space|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric|
If you are ready for your own personalized quote, enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at %phonenumber% to get Tennessee home insurance quotes tailored to fit your needs.
Home insurance rates in Tennessee
The average Tennessee home insurance rate in October 2013 was $869.00. It appears that rates have decreased since September when average rates in Tennessee were around $896.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Tennessee
|Oct 2013||Sep 2013||Aug 2013||Jul 2013||Jun 2013|
Tennessee home insurance rates can be as up and down as the Great Smoky Mountainsb but even while rates fluctuate, there are still many ways to save on your Tennessee homeowners insurance. When you use HomeInsurance.comb an agent can help you find discounts to help you save. Here are a few common price breaks for which your TN policy might qualify:
- Bundling: By bundling your auto and Tennessee home insurance policies from the same carrier can save you time and earn you price breaks of up to 20%.
- Security: A home security system doesn't just make your home less vulnerable to break-ins, it can also qualify you for a discount of 10% or more on your TN home insurance premium. Deadbolt locks can also mean savings of 5%. Turns out it pays to be safer!
- Fire: Where there's smoke, there's fire; and with the average fire claim being $33,000, you'll want to protect your home from going up in flames. Smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, and a household of nonsmokers can all help prevent costly fires and earn you discounts.
- New home: Was your home built within the past 10 years? If so, you could be eligible for discounts of up to 20%.
How Tennessee compares to U.S. rates
Tennessee policyholders paid an average of $869 compared with the national average of $843 for their home insurance premiums. Keep in mind premiums vary by location, square footage, home age, features and many other factors.
Tennessee insurance rates by county
Wondering if homeowners in your area pay more for home insurance than the state average? Check out the chart below to see how average insurance premiums in your county stack up against the average rates in Tennessee.
Standard Tennessee homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: A standard Tennessee homeowners insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to pay for the replacement of your home if it's destroyed by a covered peril such as wind or fire.
- Other Structures: Protects detached garages, sheds, fences and other structures on your property.
- Contents/Personal Property: Protects the contents inside your home, such as furniture, clothing, electronics, etc., if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Loss of Use: In the event your home is damaged and becomes uninhabitable, Loss of Use will pay for alternate accommodations and living expenses until your home is repaired.
- Personal Liability Protection: Helps protect you in the event someone is injured on your property and decides to sue.
- Medical Payments: Offers reimbursement for medical payments if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and decides not to sue.
When Tennessee weather threatens your coverage...
Standard homeowners insurance coverage offers protection for most weather threats in the Volunteer state. Damage from lightning, wind, hail, fire, and theft are all covered by standard Tennessee home insurance policies.
Flooding and earthquakes, however, are not covered by standard home insurance. It matters because five major rivers cross the state: the Mississippi, Tennessee, Cumberland, Clinch and Duck. As for earthquakes, since 1965, there have 13 in the state with a magnitude of 3.5 or greater.
For flood coverage, homeowners will need to purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
For more information on insurance in the state of Tennessee check out the Tennessee Department of Insurance website.
Other Tennessee homeowners resources
Visit our Rates by State page to see how average Tennessee home insurance rates measure up against other parts of the country.
Are your family and home prepared if disaster strikes? Find out with our disaster preparedness guide .
Want more ways to save? See what discounts may be available in Tennessee with our list of home insurance discounts .
Find home insurance in your city
Click on your city from the list below to get more information about homeowners insurance in your city: