Alaska Home Insurance Quotes
Though the state's motto is "North to the future," you do not want your Alaska home insurance quotes to skyrocket in price. That's where HomeInsurance.com comes in. We work with multiple, highly rated providers to find you great coverage and prices that will have you looking up.
Protect your last frontier
Alaska, whose name means great lands, is home to four main climate zones with different weather patterns. The natural disasters that residents have to worry about, however, don't vary greatly. Residents of Alaska, home to many active volcanos, must prepare for ash and smoke. The state also is vulnerable to blizzards and some wildfires. A standard Alaska home insurance policy covers these events, but check to make sure your policy limits match your family's needs.
Earthquakes present another threat to Alaskan homes. Alaska had the second largest earthquake ever recorded, experiences more earthquakes than anywhere else in the U.S., and has been home to about 11% of the Earth's recorded quakes. Earthquakes arenít to be taken lightly in the state, but also aren't covered by standard homeowners insurance. Alaskans should consider purchasing a separate policy or earthquake floater.
Home insurance rates in the Land of Promise
No matter which way home insurance premiums fluctuate, you should take advantage of all of the ways you can save. If you call us at 1-877-295-3422 or enter your ZIP code above, we can start qualifying you for discounts. Some common price breaks for which you could qualify:
- Fire safe: The average cost of home fire damage is $33,000, so providers typically give discounts to homes with non-smoking families, smoke detectors, and sprinkler systems.
- Security: If your home has a security system or even deadbolt locks, you could qualify for a price break.
- New home: Houses built within the last 10 years could qualify you for lower premiums. That's because they're considered safer, with more modern electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
- Bundle: If you purchase your auto policy and your Alaska home insurance policy through the same provider, you could qualify for savings.
- Claims history: You could earn savings if you haven't filed a claim within the last 10 years.
Standard Alaska home insurance policy coverage
Familiarize yourself with the coverage types included in a standard policy to know exactly how home insurance protects you. The protection types contained in a standard policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: All structures on your property, whether attached to your house (Dwelling) or not (Other Structures), receive protection from covered perils from these portions of your policy.
- Personal Property: Your policy safeguards the contents of your home by paying for their repair or replacement should they be damaged by a covered peril.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes damaged so badly from a covered event that you must move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help pay for your hotel and restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability: If someone becomes injured on your property and sues you, you can receive help with legal costs and the final judgment through this coverage.
- Medical Payments: If a non-family member sustains an injury on your property but doesn't sue, this portion of your policy can help pay medical bills.
Additional home insurance resources
Frequently asked questions- If you still have questions regarding Alaska home insurance, we've probably already posted the answers!
Disaster preparedness guide- Don't wait until too late to protect your home and family.
Homeowners blog- The experts at our Home HQ tackle tough and interesting questions about home ownership and insurance with a playful point of view..
Find Alaska home insurance in your city
You can customize your search for Alaska homeowners insurance by finding your city below.