Arkansas Home Insurance Quotes
As a land of breathtaking natural beauty, Arkansas represents a diamond in the rough, after its state gem. Mining for Arkansas home insurance quotes, however, doesn't have to be a task. Agents with HomeInsurance.com streamline the quote shopping process by working with multiple highly rated carriers to find your coverage at the price you desire. Relax while we go off to work for you.
Arkansas home insurance: Natural State protection
Arkansas' nickname is the Natural State because of its stunning natural beauty. The state's name aptly means "downstream place," denoting its multiple waterfalls, lakes, and streams. But all the natural beauty doesn't come without a price – the state also is home to dangerous weather extremes that put your home at risk.
Beware of these extremes and make sure your Arkansas home insurance covers you. Arkansas is prone to some of the most destructive tornadoes in history (as part of Tornado Alley), about 60 thunderstorms a year, hail, and severe winter storms. A standard Arkansas home insurance policy protects from these events, but excludes others.
The many bodies of water that crisscross Arkansas can experience flooding, which providers typically exclude from protection. If you live near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy from the National Flood Insurance Program. Check out information about the program and how it relates to Arkansas here.
Arkansas experiences earthquakes (also excluded from standard policies) as well due to a fault line in the northeast corner of the state. You can purchase a separate earthquake policy through the Arkansas Market Assistance Program.
Home insurance rates in Arkansas
Average Arkansas home insurance rates in February were approximately $1068.00 which have decreased since January when rates were around $1093. Average rates in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in Arkansas. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Arkansas
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Premiums fluctuate often, and it can be helpful to know which way they're headed to get a better deal on your home insurance policy.
Though the availability of discounts varies by house type, individual, and location, there are some common price breaks for which Arkansas homeowners might qualify. Call us at 1-877-295-3422 or enter your ZIP code above and we can start qualifying you for lower rates. You might earn savings by:
- Bundling: Providers typically offer savings of up to 20% to those who purchase both home and auto insurance through them.
- Buying new: New homes built within the last 10 years could qualify for discounts.
- Locking up: If you have a certified home security system, you could save up to 10% on your Arkansas homeowners insurance. Even installing deadbolt locks could save you up to 5%.
- Being fire safe: Pine trees, the state trees of Arkansas, are majestic but flammable. Carriers reward fire safe homeowners by offering discounts for homes with sprinklers, smoke detectors, or non-smoking families.
- Going green: Environmentally friendly materials used in construction and renovations are typically more durable and therefore can earn you price breaks on your home insurance premiums.
Policy prices for Arkansas homeowners insurance
One important factor used to determine home insurance rates in Arkansas is location. The average rates in your county, therefore, could differ significantly from the average rates for surrounding counties or the state. Below you can find out how your county's premiums stack up.
Do your neighbors pay more or less in premiums than the county average? Find out by checking out our below list of the last 5 Arkansas policies sold by HomeInsurance.com. Remember that providers use location as only one of the many factors that determine how much you pay which include house type and individual history.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,000†||$895†||$1,609†||$1,175†||$924†|
|Carrier||Safeco||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Slab||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Arkansas home insurance and the rest
Find out how Arkansas rates compare to the national average. The average Arkansas home insurance policy costs 788, compared to the average national premium, which costs 788.
Standard Arkansas home insurance policy coverage
A standard policy protects more than the structure of your home. Know the components of a policy to understand what types of coverage you'll need to protect your home.
- Dwelling: This coverage helps pay for any damages to the structure of your home and anything attached to it.
- Other Structures: Any structures on your property not connected to your house such as toolsheds or detached garages receive protection from Other Structures.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes so badly damaged that you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help pay your restaurant and hotel bills while you are away.
- Personal Property: Your Arkansas home insurance policy protects the contents of your home via this coverage. One thing to note is that high-value items such as jewelry sometimes have separate coverage limits.
- Medical Payments: If someone becomes injured on your property and does not sue you, this coverage can help pay any medical bills.
- Personal Liability: If someone gets hurt on your property and decides to take you to court, Personal Liability can help pay for court fees and the final judgment.
Additional Arkansas homeowners insurance resources
Glossary- Do you know what a deductible is? The difference between an endorsement and an exclusion? Check out our helpful glossary.
Disaster preparedness guide- Better protect your home and family by following these steps before a disaster strikes.
Home insurance quiz- How much do you know about your Arkansas home insurance policy? Find out with this quiz and improve your knowledge.
Find home insurance in your city
For more information about coverage for Arkansas homeowners insurance, find your city below. HomeInsurance.com can't wait to start mining deals for you.
|Batesville||Fayetteville||Hot Springs Village||Jonesboro|
|Little Rock||Pine Bluff||Rogers||Searcy|