Idaho Home Insurance Quotes
Finding the best Idaho home insurance can seem like an uphill battle. Many times homeowners find the process so frustrating they end up going with the first quote they receive. When you use HomeInsurance.com, shopping for home insurance is a breeze. We can give you up to eight competitive quotes from top providers in Idaho so you can compare prices and coverage options. Why settle for one quote when you can have multiple options?
Agents at HomeInsurance.com understand that Idaho homeowners want an affordable insurance without sacrificing coverage, which is why our agents take time to customize a policy that fits both your needs and your budget.
Check out our most recent Idaho home insurance quotes!
Want to get an idea of how much you might pay for Idaho home insurance? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Idaho by HomeInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind factors such as square footage and location affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$623†||$500†||$344†||$413†||$422†|
|Foundation type||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Crawl Space|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Find out how much you can save on your home insurance premium by entering you ZIP code in the form above or by calling us directly at 1-877-295-3422.
Home insurance rates in Idaho
The average Idaho home insurance rate in February 2014 was $477.00. It appears that rates have increased since January when average rates in Idaho were around $472.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Idaho
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Even though the average Idaho home insurance premiums can shift, sometimes to your benefit, you can always try to save more on your home insurance. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find better prices and take advantage of available discounts. Homeowners who work with HomeInsurance.com have access to a variety of discounts and other savings across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: When you bundle your home and auto policies you can experience both convenience and savings. Homeowners who keep their policies with one provider often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Security: Home security systems can be a big deterrent to burglars. While keeping your home safe, they also can qualify you for savings of up to 20%.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems are crucial when it comes to stopping fires in your home and insurance providers like to offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety items. Why? The average fire claim exceeds $33,000 ñ providers like measures that reduce the chance of serious blazes.
Compare Idaho home insurance rates with national ones
Idaho policyholders paid an average of $477 compared with the national average of $815 for their home insurance premiums.
Average Idaho home insurance rates by county
Do homeowners in your area pay more for Idaho homeowners insurance than the state average? Check out the map below to see how average premiums in your county compare with the average in your state.
Standard Idaho homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: Standard Idaho homeowners insurance protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc. in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal property inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing. High value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Provides coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
- Personal Liability Protection: Standard ID policies provide financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be help responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Severe weather protection for your Idaho home
Homeowners in the Gem State should be aware of potential Idaho weather threats. After all, severe weather is one of the largest causes of home insurance claims in the U.S. each year. Winter storms and hurricanes are two of the most destructive severe weather threats and while Idaho doesn't meet too many hurricanes, it does see a good deal of winter weather.
Idahoans will be happy to know that standard home insurance usually offers coverage for winter weather related damages from ice and snow. Standard policies also offer coverage for a variety of other perils such as hail, lightning, wind and fire. The two main perils not covered by standard home insurance are earthquakes and floods. To add flood protection to your home you can purchase a separate flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Programs. Flooding can happen anywhere and purchasing a flood policy is something that all homeowners should seriously consider. Find out whether your home is located in a flood plain. To learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program, visit its website.
For more information on insurance in the state of Idaho, visit the Idaho Department of Insurance website.
Other Idaho homeowners resources
Want to learn about additional price breaks? See what discounts may be available in Idaho with our list of home insurance discounts.
Visit our Rates by State page to see how average Idaho home insurance rates stack up against other parts of the country.
Still have questions about home insurance? Visit our helpful frequently asked questions page and find some answers.
Find home insurance in your city
Click on your city or the closest to you for more information on Idaho homeowners insurance.
|Boise||Caldwell||Coeur D Alene||Idaho Falls|
|Meridian||Mountain Home||Pocatello||Priest River|