Indiana Home Insurance Quotes
Indiana, the "Crossroads of America," has something new to look forward to. Shopping for Indiana home insurance quotes has never been easier. Agents with HomeInsurance.com shop for the best premiums, discounts, and coverage from multiple highly rated carriers. Their results result in coverage that offers stellar protection at a competitive price. Just as all roads lead to Indiana, all home insurance deals should start with HomeInsurance.com.
Indiana home insurance protection
Indiana doesn't simply represent the interstate crossroads of America, but also a meeting point for many major bodies of water. Its Midwestern climate determines its cool winters and warm, wet summers, and flooding is a consistent concern. Remember that standard Indiana homeowners insurance policies don't cover flood damage, so check out Indiana's flood insurance program for information on a separate policy.
In addition to floods, Indiana residents also should prepare for winter storms, tornadoes, and the damage they both can cause. Even though Indiana is not located in Tornado Alley, the state experiences frequent tornadoes. In fact, it is the 8th most tornado-prone state in the nation. Know the potential disasters to which your area is prone so that you can prepare your house and protect it accordingly.
Home insurance rates in Indiana
Homeowners in Indiana are paying around $811.00 for home insurance as of February of 2014. Rates have increased since January when Indiana homeowners insurance premiums were approximately $809.00. The rate of $811/year reflects standard coverage and does not include flood or earthquake damage which is covered under a separate policy. Read more about flood insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Indiana
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Still curious about premiums paid by Hoosiers? Below you can find information about the last 5 Indiana policies written by HomeInsurance.com. Providers determine rates using a number of factors such as house type, location, and individual history.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$469†||$465†||$786||$904†||$1,136†|
|Carrier||Safeco||Safeco||Hartford||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual|
|Foundation type||Slab||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Indiana homeowners insurance discounts
Premium increases and decreases occur occasionally, but you can sometimes find different ways to save. Enter your ZIP code above or call 1-877-295-3422 so that our agents can begin to find you savings. Some common discounts or preferred rating factors for which you might qualify include:
- Bundling: You can typically qualify for a price break of up to 20% if you purchase both your auto insurance and your Indiana homeowners insurance from the same provider.
- New home: If your home was constructed within the last 10 years, you could potentially save money on your monthly premiums.
- Sustainable materials: Newer, green friendly materials are typically more durable, so using them in construction or renovation might earn you a price break.
- Fire: The droughts that Indiana occasionally suffers make the state vulnerable to wildfire conditions. Accordingly, providers reward fire safe homeowners. If you install a sprinkler system or smoke detectors in your home, you could earn discounts. If no one in your family smokes, you might qualify for an additional price break.
- Security: If you have a security system or even just deadbolt locks, you could qualify for savings.
How Indiana home insurance premiums stack up
The average U.S. homeowner pays $815 in home insurance premiums, whereas the average Indiana resident pays $811. Rates vary based on location, house type, and individual situation.
You also can determine which Indiana counties pay more and how they relate to state averages. Use the chart below to see how average premiums in your county stack up.
Indiana home insurance policy coverage
Now that you can determine what events to cover and how much to pay, you can better understand what your home insurance protects. A standard Indiana home insurance policy contains the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: These two types of coverage work to protect and pay for damage to any buildings or structures that stand on your property. Dwelling protects the structure of your home, while buildings such as toolsheds or detached garages are safeguarded under Other Structures.
- Personal Property: This type of coverage helps to pay for repair or replacement of your possessions. Keep in mind, however, that there can be limits for certain high-value items such as jewelry.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes so badly damaged in a covered event that you need to relocate while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help pay for your restaurant and hotel bills.
- Personal Liability: An injury to someone visiting your property involving a lawsuit could be covered under Personal Liability. This includes people that you didn't invite to visit.
- Medical Payments: Indiana MedPay helps to pay for medical bills resulting in an injury sustained on your property that does not lead to a lawsuit.
Additional homeowners insurance resources
Disaster Preparedness guide: Don't let a widespread or personal Indiana disaster surprise you. Use our guide to prepare your home for the unexpected.
Home insurance calculator: Use this calculator to determine the amount of dwelling coverage you'll need for your Indiana home insurance policy.
Home insurance 101: Still have questions about your Indiana homeowners insurance? Find more information on everything home insurance here.
Indiana protection by city
Find more information about Indiana home insurance by clicking on your city below: