Kentucky Home Insurance Quotes
If you're searching for Kentucky home insurance quotes, you've come to the right place. HomeInsurance.com is your one-stop shop for comparing multiple home insurance quotes from top providers in Kentucky. When you work one-on-one with one of our licensed agents, they will deliver you up to six quotes and help you find the policy to fit both your needs and your budget. Why waste time trying to find quotes on your own? Sit back and let us do the work for you.
Just fill out the quick quote form above and a HomeInsurance.com agent will start getting you competitive quotes from top-rated carriers. With our apples-to-apples comparisons you can be sure you are getting the best deal possible on Kentucky home insurance.
See what your Kentucky neighbors are paying for home insurance
Curious as to how much you could save by working with HomeInsurance.com? Take a look at what your neighbors are paying. Below are the details of the last five Kentucky policies written by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember policies differ based on the type of home, coverage purchased and customer history.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,685†||$951†||$1,024†||$1,079†||$1,410†|
|Carrier||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Hartford|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement||Basement||Basement|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Let see how much you can save. Just enter you ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-919-5198 to get Kentucky home insurance quotes tailored to your specifications.
Home insurance rates in Kentucky
Homeowners insurance premiums in Kentucky were around $865.00 in February of 2014 when they decreased from $888 in January. These rates reflect average premiums on new sold policies by HomeInsurance.com. A standard policy will cover the structure of the buildings on the property, the contents of the home, liability for the homeowner(s), medical payments and loss of use expenses.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Kentucky
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Average Kentucky home insurance rates can change faster than a race at the Kentucky Derby but even though rates fluctuate, there are still many ways to save on your Kentucky homeowners insurance premium. When you use HomeInsurance.com, an agent can help you find discounts to help you save. Here are some common price breaks for which you KY policy might qualify:
- New home: If you own a home that was built within the past 10 years, you could be eligible for discounts of up to 20%.
- Security: Home security systems can actually make your home less vulnerable to break-ins and can help you get price breaks on your home insurance. Homeowners with centrally monitored home security systems can qualify for savings of up to 20%.
- Fire: Smoke detectors and sprinkler systems can make your home safer in the event of a fire, which is why home insurance providers often offer discounts for homeowners who have these items.
- Bundling: Last but definitely not least, discounts of up to 20% can be available to homeowners who bundle their home and auto policies with one provider. You know what that means – savings and convenience.
How Kentucky compares to average U.S. rates
Kentucky policyholders paid an average of $865 compared with the national average of $815 for their home insurance premiums.
Kentucky home insurance rates by county
Do homeowners in your area pay more for home insurance than the state average? Check out the chart below to see how average insurance premiums in your county stack up against the average rates in your state.
Standard Kentucky homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: A standard Kentucky homeowners insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to play for the replacement of your home if it's destroyed by a peril.
- Other Structures: Protect structures on your property besides your home. This protection covers things like detached garages and sheds.
- Contents/Personal Property: Standard home insurance policies offer contents coverage for all the personal property inside your home. This can include furniture, electronics, clothing and other personal belongings.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, Loss of Use will reimburse you for your living expenses while your home is being repaired.
- Personal Liability Protection: Protects you financially if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for medical bills if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and they don't sue you.
Is your Kentucky home fully protected?
Nothing compares to the peace of mind of knowing your home is fully protected. Tornadoes are the most common natural threat in Kentucky. Standard home insurance coverage offers protection for most perils such as wind, lightning, fire, and hail. It also covers theft. However, sometimes homeowners need more than standard coverage.
Flooding, for instance, is not covered under standard home insurance policies. For flood coverage, homeowners have to purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Sometimes certain contents of your home can be left out of standard coverage. High value items like expensive jewelry, collectibles or art might not be fully covered under a standard policy. If this is the case you may need to consider adding a special endorsement to your policy to cover the items. Review your policy and go through your coverage. You may want to make adjustments to ensure you have total protection.
Other Kentucky homeowners resources
Want to know if you are paying too much for home insurance? Take our home insurance savings quiz and find out!
Find out more ways to lower your premium and check out what other discounts may be available in Kentucky with our list of home insurance discounts.
Want to become a home insurance expert before you buy your next policy? Check out our Home Insurance 101 section and brush up on your basic home insurance knowledge.
Find home insurance in your city
If you need more information, find your city, or the one closest to it, on the list below.