Maine Home Insurance Quotes
Maine is home to picturesque coastline, quaint seaside towns and charming New England style cottages. There's no question as to why many families and newcomers decide to become Maine residents. And whether you own a family home in the Portland suburbs or a vacation home in Rockport you need a home insurance policy you can count on to protect your investment. The licensed agents at HomeInsurance.com want to make shopping for Maine home insurance easy. Call us today and you'll work one-on-one with a dedicated agent to find an affordable policy with the most comprehensive coverage.
How does HomeInsurance.com make shopping easier? Our agents can give you up to eight quotes from top providers in Maine in one simple call. Our apples-to-apples comparisons mean you won't have to go anywhere else for Maine home insurance quotes.
Our most recent Maine home insurance quotes
Other Maine homeowners have shopped and saved with HomeInsurance.com, so why can't you? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Maine by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember variables including square footage and location play a part in calculating the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$737†||$409†||$241†||$349†||$447†|
|Carrier||Liberty Mutual||Hartford||MetLife||Liberty Mutual||Travelers|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Oil||Central Oil||Central Gas||Central Oil||Central Gas|
Join your Maine neighbors and lower your home insurance cost too. Fill out the quick quote form above or call us directly at 1-877-295-3422 and get your own customized Maine home insurance quotes.
Average Maine home insurance rates
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Maine
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Average Maine home insurance rates can increase or decrease, but there are still numerous ways for homeowners to lower their premiums. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find lower rates and taking advantage of available discounts. Homeowners who use HomeInsurance.com have access to a variety of discounts across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: When customers bundle their home and auto policies with one provider, they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%. The convenience of having your policies under one company is just an added bonus.
- Claims-free: Homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- New Home: Did you know new homes are considered to be safer? Maybe that's why home insurance carriers offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that are less than 10 years old.
Average Maine home insurance rates by county
Are you curious to see if homeowners in your area pay more for Maine homeowners insurance than the state average? Look at the map below to see how average premiums in your county compared to the average rates in your state.
Standard Maine homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Standard Maine homeowners insurance covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc., in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal property inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing. High value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Standard ME policies provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be help responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Can your coverage stand Maine's severe weather?
Maine homeowners should consider severe weather threats when setting their coverage. Maine's major weather threats are flooding, winter storms, and strong thunderstorms with hail. Luckily standard homeowners policies provide coverage for damage from wind, ice, snow and hail. However, standard Maine policies do not cover flood damage.
Homeowners who need flood coverage should purchase a separate policy from the National Flood Insurance Program. Maine's Atlantic coastline makes it more vulnerable to rising waters and homeowners who live close to the coast should seriously consider purchasing a flood policy. Find out more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
For more information on insurance in the state of Maine, visit the Maine Bureau of Insurance website.
Other Maine homeowners resources
Brush up on your basic home insurance knowledge with our Home Insurance 101 section.
Visit our Rates by State page to see how average Maine home insurance rates stack up against other parts of the country.
Do you know how much dwelling coverage you need for your home? Find out with our home insurance calculator.
Find home insurance in your city
Click below for more information on Maine homeowners insurance.