Maryland Home Insurance Quotes
Even though the official sport of Maryland is jousting, searching for Maryland home insurance quotes doesn't have to be a royal battle. HomeInsurance.com can come to your aid in your quest. Our agents work with multiple highly-rated providers to find you the coverage that you need at the price that you want. Enlist HomeInsurance.com and you could get experience that conquers.
Get protected with Maryland home insurance
If you don't know what events your policy covers, you walk a dangerous line in the "Old Line State," especially in a climate as varied as Maryland's. The western half of Maryland experiences a humid continental climate with hot, humid summers and cold winters. The entire state must protect against thunderstorms (approximately 35 annually), tornadoes (6 per year on average), and winter storms.
The eastern half of the state is part of the Atlantic coastal plain, which experiences a humid subtropical climate. Residents in the east need to worry about tropical cyclones and, to a limited extent, hurricanes. Flooding, one of the chief problems with hurricanes, is excluded from coverage by a typical Maryland home insurance policy. If you live in a floodplain or on the coast, consider purchasing a separate flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Home insurance rates in Maryland
Homeowners in Maryland are paying around $668.00 for home insurance as of February of 2014. Rates have decreased since January when Maryland homeowners insurance premiums were approximately $679.00. The rate of $668/year reflects standard coverage and does not include flood or earthquake damage which is covered under a separate policy. Read more about flood insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Maryland
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
That gives you a general idea of what you should pay for Maryland home insurance, even when rates fluctuage. In any case, you can always look for more ways to save. If you call us at 1-877-295-3422 or enter your ZIP code above, we can start finding additional discounts for which you might qualify. You could save by:
- Buying new: If your home was constructed in the last 10 years, you could earn a new home discount.
- Bundling: If you purchase your auto policy and your Maryland home insurance policy through the same provider, you could save on your monthly premiums.
- Being fire safe: Providers typically offer price breaks for homes with smoke detectors and sprinkler systems. You also could pay less if no one in your family smokes.
- Enhancing security: Install security systems or deadbolt locks in your homes and you could save up to 10% - maybe even more.
- Being green: Sustainable materials used in construction or renovation can prove more durable and earn you lower premiums.
What others pay for Maryland homeowners insurance
Providers use a variety of factors to calculate premiums for Maryland home insurance, including location. It can be helpful, therefore, to be aware of what your county neighbors pay relative to the state average.
For a more in depth list of what your neighbors pay to insure different types of houses, check out the list of the last 5 Maryland policies written by HomeInsurance.com. Remember that house type, location, and individual history make up just a few of the various factors that carriers use to determine premiums.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$473†||$955†||$792†||$1,416†||$695†|
|Carrier||ASI||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Safeco|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Oil||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Maryland home insurance and the nation
Maryland's location also can affect the way that residents' home insurance rates compare to national averages. Whereas the Americans paid $815 for their home insurance, Maryland residents paid $668.
Standard Maryland home insurance policy coverage
Sometimes the best way to ensure that you get a good deal is to know more about your coverage. The types of coverage included in a standard Maryland home insurance policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Your policy safeguards any structures on your property by paying for damages to your house and anything attached to it (Dwelling) and any other buildings on your property such as toolsheds or detached garages (Other Structures).
- Personal Property: The contents of your property receive protection from this coverage type.
- Loss of Use: Any hotel or restaurant bills that you incur while your house undergoes repairs following a covered event can be paid under Loss of Use.
- Medical Payments: This coverage can pay the medical bills of someone who becomes injured on your property and decides not to take you to court.
- Personal Liability: If someone becomes injured on your property and decides to take you to court, Personal Liability can help pay court fees and the final judgment.
Additional insurance resources
Take our Home Insurance Quiz to test how much you know about your Maryland home insurance policy.
Start by using our Homeowners Insurance Calculator to determine the amount of dwelling coverage to buy and discover average dwelling costs in your state.
Protect your home from any unexpected event by using our Disaster Preparedness Guide.
Find city specific information
To find more information about Maryland homeowners insurance, find your city below. Let HomeInsurance.com be your knight in shining armor.