Massachusetts Home Insurance Quotes
Congratulations: You've found the right place for Massachusetts home insurance quotes. Gone are the days of haggling with multiple agents across different websites to find the best deals. The one-stop shop at HomeInsurance.com can make your search easy as pie. We work with multiple highly rated carriers to select the perfect coverage at the right price for you.
Why a Massachusetts home insurance policy?
Though Massachusetts might mean "the great hill," the weather in the Old Colony state rarely reaches many extremes. The state faces some East Coast storms, winter storms, and thunderstorms, which may lead to flooding. Earthquakes also occasionally threaten the state.
Check your policy to make sure it covers you for all of the natural disasters you may face. Remember, a typical policy will exclude protection from flood and earthquake damage. If you live in a floodplain or an area with a history of earthquakes, consider purchasing separate policies.
Lower home insurance rates in the Bay State
Massachusetts home insurance providers use location as one of the factors that determines how much your premiums cost. The less risk you location presents, the lower the premiums you'll pay, in general.
No matter where your premium is set, you can always look for ways to save. Call us at 1-877-295-3422 or enter your ZIP code above and we can start qualifying you for discounts. Some common price breaks that you could earn include:
- Green materials: Environmentally friendly materials used in construction or renovation can save you money because they're generally considered more durable.
- Bundle: Purchase your auto policy and your Massachusetts home insurance policy through the same provider and you could earn up to 20% in price breaks on your monthly premiums.
- Fire safety: The average cost of a house fire is $33,000, so providers reward safe homeowners by offering lower rates to homes with sprinkler systems, smoke detectors, and non-smoking families.
- Security: If you install a security system in your house, you could earn a 10% discount. Simply installing deadbolt locks could save you up to 5%.
- New house: If you buy new (or your house is less than 10 years old) you could qualify for lower monthly premiums.
Standard Massachusetts home insurance policy protection
One of the most important home insurance resources you can have is knowledge. Familiarize yourself with the standard coverage types involved in a policy, and you can better ensure your home's protection. Your policy protects your:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: The structure of your home (Dwelling) and any structures on your property detached from your dwelling (Other Structures) receive protection from these portions of your policy.
- Personal Property: Any of your home's contents can be repaired or replaced following damage by a covered event.
- Loss of Use: Your policy can help pay hotel and restaurant bills if you must move out of your house while repairs are being done because of a covered event.
- Personal Liability: If someone sustains an injury on your property and takes you to court, this portion can help you pay legal costs and the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: If a stranger sustains an injury on your property and does not take you to court, this coverage type can help you pay medical bills.
Additional homeowner resources
Frequently asked questions- If some aspects of Massachusetts homeowners insurance still confuse you, you're probably not alone. Take a look at the answers to our FAQs to find out how we can help you.
Disaster preparedness guide- Protect your home and family by following our simple preparedness steps.
Homeowners blog- The experts at our Home HQ tackle tough insurance questions to bring you the advice you need.
Massachusetts home insurance in your city
Customize your search for home insurance by clicking your city below.