Michigan Home Insurance Quotes
Having trouble finding Michigan home insurance quotes that are worth your time? At HomeInsurance.com our licensed agents pride themselves on offering homeowners competitive, low cost home insurance quotes. When you work one-on-one with a HomeInsurance.com agent you can expect multiple quotes from top providers in Michigan and the most comprehensive coverage available. MI homeowners shouldn't have to give up coverage for a policy that fits their budget. We can customize a policy that fits all of your needs at an affordable price.
Your multiple Michigan home insurance quotes are just a click and call away. Simply fill out the quote form above or call us directly at 1-877-919-5198 and see how much you can save with our apple-to-apples comparisons.
Take a look at our most recent Michigan home insurance quotes
Want to get an idea of how much you could be paying for Michigan home insurance? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Michigan by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember that premiums take into account variables like square footage and location.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$764†||$768†||$537†||$417†||$796†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space||Slab|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
See how much you can lower your premium by using HomeInsurance.com. Call us today at 1-877-919-5198 and an agent will start customizing up to eight Michigan home insurance quotes just for you.
Michigan Homeowners Insurance Discounts
Comparison shopping is a great way to make sure you found the best rate on Michigan homeowners insurance. However, there are additional ways for Michigan homeowners to lower their premiums. For instance, home insurance experts recommend shopping for coverage annually to find the best rates. It's also recommended that homeowners take advantage of discounts. Agents at HomeInsurance.com will even take it one step further and find the discounts for you. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: Customers who bundle their home and auto policies with one carrier are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%.
- New Home: New homes are considered to be safer, which is why home insurance providers offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that are less than 10 years old.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems can stop a fire in its tracks and insurance providers like to offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety products.
- Security: Home security systems can qualify you for savings of up to 20% and keep your home better protected against unwanted intruders.
- Claims-free: MI homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 10%.
Standard Michigan homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against potential damage and loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc. in the event they are damaged by a covered peril.
- Contents/Personal Property: Standard Michigan homeowners insurance offers protection for the personal property inside your home such as furniture, electronics and clothing.
- Loss of Use: In the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, Loss of Use coverage offers reimbursement for your living expenses while you are unable to live in your home.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection if a visitor is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Standard MI policies help cover medical expenses that you might be help responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Flood protection for Michigan residents
Standard Michigan home insurance provides coverage for almost all weather-related perils including wind, lightning, hail, ice, snow and fire. However, standard home insurance policies do not provide coverage for damage from earthquakes or floods. For these perils, homeowners would need to purchase separate policies.
Homeowners who need to purchase a flood policy can do so through the National Flood Insurance Program. Keep in mind that even if your home isn't on a flood plain, it could still be at risk. Homeowners in 14 counties across the state of Colorado experienced catastrophic flooding in 2013, which left many homes ravaged. It just goes to show that weather can be unexpected and when it comes to your biggest investment you don't want to leave anything up to chance. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
For more information on insurance in the state of Michigan, visit the Michigan Department of Insurance.
Other Michigan homeowners resources
Insurance experts recommend homeowners keep inventory of all the contents in their home. Download and print our free inventory checklist and get started today!
Find out how much dwelling coverage your Michigan home needs with our home insurance calculator.
Brush up on your basic home insurance knowledge with our Home Insurance 101 section and become an expert by the time you buy your next policy.
Home insurance quotes in your Michigan city
Find your city, or the one nearest you, from the list below to take your search down to the local level.