Montana Home Insurance Quotes
It shouldn't take gold and silver to find worthwhile Montana home insurance quotes, even in the Treasure State. With HomeInsurance.com, your days of digging through multiple websites for discounts and deals can end. Our agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to find you the deals you need at a golden price. Let us mine the discounts and coverage for you.
Big Sky home protection
With a name that means mountainous, no wonder Montana plays host to multiple weather extremes. The most worrying natural disaster events in recent years have been wildfires that have threatened the natural landscape and shut down national parks. While wildfire damage is covered under a standard Montana home insurance policy, the flooding that it could incite in the future is not.
Wildfires destroy the trees whose roots act as flood resistors. With those barriers gone and the glaciers melting, flooding has become commonplace. While most of Montana's other perils (winter storms and strong winds) are covered under standard insurance, flooding is not. If you live near a floodplain or burned out area, consider purchasing a policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Western Montana also experiences occasional earthquakes. Montana home insurance providers typically exclude coverage for earthquake damage. If you live in the Western half of the state, consider purchasing a separate policy or floater for such damage.
Home insurance rates in Montana
Average Montana home insurance rates in February were approximately $751.00 which have decreased since January when rates were around $787. Average rates in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in Montana. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Montana
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
On average, Montana residents paid $751 in home insurance premiums, compared with the national average premium of $815. Knowing how your state stacks up nationally can give you an idea of what to pay.
Whether your Montana home insurance rates are treasure like the state nickname or grizzly like the state animal, you can find better ways to save. If you call us at 1-877-919-5198 or enter your ZIP code above, we can start qualifying you for discounts. You could be doing all the right things and still leaving savings on the table. Here's what you can do to save:
- Bundle: Purchase your auto insurance and your Montana homeowners insurance with the same provider and you could qualify for a price break of up to 20%.
- Be fire safe:Any fire, no matter how small, could spark a wildfire in Montana's Ponderosa Pines. Don't risk it. If you install sprinkler systems, smoke detectors, and disallow smoking by any member of your household, you could save the landscape and money on your premiums.
- Lock up: Keep your treasure safe by installing a security system or deadbolt locks and you also could earn discounts.
- Buy new: If your house was built within the last 10 years, you could be eligible for a new home price break.
- Go green: Many environmentally friendly materials used in construction and renovation also typically prove more durable and can earn you savings on your monthly premiums.
Montana home insurance: what your neighbors pay
Knowing the rates for your county can help you better understand your own Montana home insurance policy. If you want to know how much your fellow residents pay, click below to find out how your county stacks up to the state average.
Do your Montana neighbors qualify for better discounts than you? Location is only one factor that affects your rates. Examine our list of the last five Montana home insurance policies sold by HomeInsurance.com below to find out how much you could save.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$550†||$400†||$708†||$1,184†||$697†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab||Slab||Crawl Space|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Standard Montana home insurance policy coverage
What you protect is just as important as what you pay. Plus, knowing your coverage can help you understand the value that your home insurance gives to you. A standard Montana home insurance policy contains the following types of protection:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: All structures on your property, whether attached to your home (Dwelling) or not (Other Structures) can be repaired or replaced with the help of your policy when they're damaged by a covered peril such as fire or hail.
- Personal Property: This coverage can help you repair or replace your home's damaged contents.
- Loss of Use: If the structure of your home becomes damaged from a covered peril to the point that you are forced to move out during repairs, Loss of Use can help pay hotel and restaurant bills while you get back on your feet.
- Medical Payments: In the event that someone sustains an injury on your property, your policy can help you pay medical bills if that person does not take you to court.
- Personal Liability: If someone sustains an injury on your property and takes you to court, you can help you pay court fees and the final judgment.
Additional home insurance resources
Use our home insurance calculator to estimate how much dwelling coverage to buy.
Protect your home from devastation with our disaster preparedness guide. Don't wait until it's too late.
Home insurance blog -Our Home HQ experts write clearly and concisely about insurance issues and give you advice on home insurance and other topics.
Customize your Montana home insurance
Find Montana homeowners insurance by clicking your city below. We can get started finding your golden policy today.