New Jersey Home Insurance Quotes
When it comes to shopping for New Jersey home insurance, the one-stop shop for the best quotes is HomeInsurance.com. Our licensed agents understand the importance of comparison shopping, which is why they deliver you up to eight competitive quotes. Don't waste time on the phone with multiple agents from different providers. With HomeInsurance.com you'll work one-on-one with an insurance expert who will help you find a policy that fits both your needs and your budget.
Ready to see how much you can save by working with a HomeInsurance.com agent? Take a minute to fill out the quote form above, and an agent will get started on your multiple quotes right away.
See our most recent New Jersey home insurance quotes
Homeowners who buy policies from HomeInsurance.com can save a lot. Want to get an idea of how much? Below are the details of the last five policies written in New Jersey by HomeInsurance.com agents. Don't forget that certain factors will affect the premium (i.e. square footage, location, etc.).
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$831†||$540†||$1,026†||$702†||$1,200†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Wondering what your own quotes might look like? Find out today by entering your ZIP code in the form above or by calling an agent directly at 1-877-919-5198. We'd love to help you get multiple New Jersey home insurance quotes customized just for you.
Home insurance rates in New Jersey
The average New Jersey home insurance rate in February 2014 was $837.00. It appears that rates have decreased since January when average rates in New Jersey were around $841.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In New Jersey
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Average New Jersey home insurance premiums can change quickly, which means at any given time you could be paying too much for home insurance. You always want to be aware of the local average in comparison to what you are paying. But whether rates are up or down, there are always more ways to save. Home insurance experts recommend homeowners shop annually for coverage and search for available discounts. Luckily, at HomeInsurance.com we do the discount detective work for you. Here are some common price breaks for which your NJ policy may qualify:
- Bundling: New Jersey residents who enjoy both savings and convenience can appreciate the glory of bundling. Homeowners who bundle their home and auto policies with one provider can receive discounts of up 20%.
- New Home: Older homes might have character, but new ones can save you money. If you own a home that was built within the past 10 years, you could be eligible for savings of up to 20%.
- Security: Want to reduce the chances of a break-in and get a discount? Homes with security alarms are considerably less vulnerable and could mean a discount of more than 10%.
How New Jersey stacks up to average U.S. rates
New Jersey policyholders paid an average of $837 compared with the national average of $815 for their home insurance premiums.
Counties and New Jersey home insurance rates
Do homeowners in your area pay more for homeowners insurance than the state average? Check out the chart below to see how average insurance premiums in your county stack up against the average rates in your state.
Standard New Jersey homeowners insurance coverage
The following coverages typically are part of a standard homeowners insurance in New Jersey.
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against covered losses. Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss.
- Other Structures: Protect structures on your property besides your home. This protection helps protects things like detached garages and sheds.
- Contents/Personal Property: Standard New Jersey homeowners insurance policies offer contents coverage for all the personal property inside your home. This can include furniture, electronics, clothing and other personal belongings. Some higher value items have coverage limits, so ask your agent if you should schedule an endorsement to extend your limits.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, Loss of Use can reimburse you for your living expenses while your home is being repaired. One warning: There can be a time limit.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for medical bills if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and don't plan to sue you.
New Jersey homeowners and threats
Chances are you haven't forgotten Superstorm Sandy and the devastation to New Jersey. One thing you definitely shouldn't forget is that standard home insurance doesn't provide flood coverage. Many NJ homeowners are still dealing with the devastating aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. Homes, businesses, and even local landmarks were washed away by the flood waters of Sandy and many were without the protection of a flood policy.
It goes to show that all homeowners should at least consider purchasing a flood policy through the National flood Insurance Program. Weather can be unexpected and when it comes to your biggest investment it's best to cover all the bases. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program here.
The state Office of Emergency Management identifies the following potential hazards:
- Blizzards, nor'easters and other winter hazard
- Chemical emergencies
Not sure what perils are covered by your home insurance? Review your policy and adjust your coverage if you aren't fully protected. Always refer back to your policy and contact your agent if you have questions regarding your coverage.
For more information on insurance in New Jersey, visit the New Jersey Department of Insurance website.
Other New Jersey homeowners resources
Want to find out even more about home insurance? Check out our helpful frequently asked questions page and get some answers to your most burning questions.
Do you keep track of every single item in your home? Insurance experts say you should! Download and print our free inventory checklist and get started today.
Wondering how much dwelling coverage you need for your home? Find out with our handy home insurance calculator.
Find home insurance in your city
Click on your city or the closest to you for more information on New Jersey homeowners insurance.