South Carolina Home Insurance Quotes
Trying to find South Carolina home insurance quotes that won't break the bank might seem like an impossible task, but agents at HomeInsurance.com can assure you it's not. That's because they can sort through multiple quotes from top providers until they find you the best one. When you work one-on-one with a HomeInsurance.com agent, you can find a policy that fits your budget and doesn't skimp on coverage. Our agents love to help you save and can even find you discounts to lower your premium more.
When you fill out the quick quote form above, an agent will start finding you multiple home insurance quotes from some of country's top providers. With our apples-to-apples comparisons you can be rest assured that you got an unparalleled deal.
Our most recent South Carolina home insurance quotes
Wondering how much you might pay for a South Carolina home insurance premium? Check out the last five policies written in South Carolina by HomeInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind premiums vary according to square footage, location and other factors.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$474†||$448†||$292†||$427†||$1,341†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab||Crawl Space||Basement|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric|
See how much you could save and get a quote of your own. Just enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-919-5198 to get South Carolina home insurance quotes customized just for you.
Home insurance rates in South Carolina
Homeowners insurance premiums in South Carolina were around $804.00 in February of 2014 when they decreased from $824 in January. These rates reflect average premiums on new sold policies by HomeInsurance.com. A standard policy will cover the structure of the buildings on the property, the contents of the home, liability for the homeowner(s), medical payments and loss of use expenses.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In South Carolina
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
Average South Carolina home insurance rates change constantly but whether they are up or down there's always room to save more on your South Carolina homeowners insurance. Home insurance experts recommend shopping coverage once a year and taking advantage of available discounts in order to get the lowest price on your premium. When you use HomeInsurance.com, an agent can help you find discounts so you save. Here are a few common price breaks:
- Bundling: Homeowners can save up to 20% when they bundle their home and auto policies with one provider. There's also a discount for people who buy renter's and auto policies from the same provider.
- New home: Older homes may have charm, but new homes can help you save. If you live in a home that's less than 10 years old, you can be eligible for discounts of up to 20%.
- Claims-free: SC residents who have remained claims-free over the past 10 years can qualify for some serious savings of up to 20%.
- Alarm systems: A centrally monitored security system can lead to savings. Homeowners with security systems can actually save up to 10%, and all you'll need is a certificate from your provider.
South Carolina rates vs. U.S. rates
South Carolina policyholders paid an average of $804 compared with the national average of $815 for their home insurance premiums. Keep in mind premiums vary by location, square footage and a variety of other factors.
South Carolina home insurance rates by county
Want to see how other county's home insurance rates compare to the state average. Check out the chart below to see how average insurance premiums in your county stack up against the average rates in your state.
Standard South Carolina homeowners insurance coverage
- Dwelling: A standard South Carolina homeowners insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to pay for the replacement or repair of your home when and if it's damaged in a covered peril.
- Other structures: Protects structures on your property other than your home. This can include detached garages, sheds, fences, etc.
- Contents/personal property: In a typical policy this covers the contents inside your home – including furniture, electronics, clothing, and other personal belongings. Ask about sublimits for high-value items.
- Loss of use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, this coverage pays for alternate accommodations and living expenses while your home is being repaired.
- Personal liability protection: Helps protect you in the event of a lawsuit if someone is injured on your property.
- Medical payments: Helps reimburses you for medical bills if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and doesn't sue you.
Is your home fully covered in South Carolina?
The Palmetto State is covered with beautiful coastline, Southern plantations, and swaying palmetto trees. But even South Carolina can fall victim to ugly weather. Its location on the coast makes the state vulnerable to passing hurricanes and tropical storms, which can cause severe damage to your home. Even if the hurricane winds huff and puff and blow your house down, you'll likely be covered by the wind coverage in your standard homeowners policy. But you might be in trouble if the water starts rising.
Flood damage is not covered by standard home insurance policies, which means your home could be at serious risk without coverage. For flood coverage homeowners will need to purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
If your home is located near the coast or in a flood plain you should definitely purchase a flood policy. The same goes for a vacation home. Go to the National Flood Insurance Program website for more information.
Other South Carolina homeowners resources
Want to become a home insurance expert before you buy your next policy? Check out our Home Insurance 101 section and brush up on your basic home insurance knowledge.
Determine the amount of dwelling coverage you need with our home insurance calculator. Here you can find average dwelling costs in South Carolina.
Want to save more on your premium? See what other discounts may be available in South Carolina with our list of home insurance discounts.
Find home insurance in your city
If you need more information about home insurance in your locale, find your city in the list below:
|Lexington||Murrells Inlet||Myrtle Beach||North Augusta|