Texas Home Insurance Quotes
If you're searching for home insurance quotes in Texas, you've come to the right place. Agents with HomeInsurance.com can sort through multiple highly rated carriers to find the protection you need at a price that fits your budget. Getting home insurance quotes from several carriers on your own can be a chore, so sit back and let our licensed agents do the work for you.
Remember, comparison shopping is always the best way to buy. Just because you live in the Lone Star State doesn't mean you should jump at the price from a lone quote.
A TX policy can protect against the unexpected
Texas is a great state to call home, but it's not always kind to homes within the state. That's because Texas is vulnerable to all five major perils that plague homeowners the United States: tornadoes, flooding, hurricanes, earthquakes, and thunderstorms, with the added drawback of drought.
As a Texas resident, you protect your home against a variety of potential events, and that's where home insurance comes in. Knowledge of your risk for certain disasters helps you prepare for any situation and better protect your home and family. If you live in the northern part of the state, for example, you plan for tornadoes, whereas residents on the Gulf Coast must prepare for hurricanes and thunderstorms.
Standard Texas home insurance coverage protects against such damage as fire, lightning, wind, hail, and theft. Remember, however, that home insurance doesn't cover earthquakes or flooding, and some hurricane damage. You may have to purchase separate policies for these events if your area is at risk. Check out the FAIR and TWIA programs offered in the state; both can help homeowners in certain situations who have trouble getting the coverage they need.
Home insurance rates in Texas
The average Texas home insurance rate in February 2014 was $1082.00. It appears that rates have decreased since January when average rates in Texas were around $1085.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Premiums for Home Insurance In Texas
|Feb 2014||Jan 2014||Dec 2013||Nov 2013||Oct 2013|
No matter how rates fluctuate, there are many ways you can save on your Texas homeowners insurance. Enter your ZIP code above or call 1-877-295-3422 and HomeInsurance.com agents will help find discounts that can help you save. Some price breaks for which your TX policy might qualify are:
- Security: Though the state motto is "Friendship," theft still exists in the state. Providers of Texas home insurance wish to minimize the threat of theft. Adding a home security system makes you much less vulnerable to break-ins - and it can save you up to 10% on your premium. Even deadbolt locks can save you up to 5%.
- Fire: The average fire claim is $33,000, so you could get discounts if you have smoke detectors, sprinkler systems, or if no one in your household smokes.
- New house: Texas has a rich history, but sometimes it pays to be new. Houses built within the past 10 years can typically earn price breaks of up to 20%.
- Claims history: Claims-free residents could qualify for discounts up to 20%.
- Bundling Purchasing both auto and Texas home insurance policies from the same carrier can earn you price breaks of up to 20%.
Texas home insurance quotes: what others pay
How does the premium for your Texas homeowners insurance stack up? ? Below you'll find details on the last five Texas policies written by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember, policies differ based on individual house, policy type, and customer history.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,998†||$1,170†||$2,030†||$802†||$1,051†|
|Lot Size||7,405 Sq Ft||8,786 Sq Ft||5,998 Sq Ft||N/A||9,147 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||2,922 Sq Ft||3,322 Sq Ft||1,589 Sq Ft||2,046 Sq Ft||2,999 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Texas home insurance and the nation
Compared to the national average of $815, Texans paid $1082 on average for their home insurance premiums.
How Texas counties stack up
Ever wonder how premiums in your county stack up against the state average? Or whether your cousin across the state pays less for coverage than you do? Use the chart below to answer those questions.
Standard Texas homeowners insurance coverage
A standard homeowners policy typically contains the following coverages:
- Dwelling: This is what you generally think of as homeowners insurance. It protects the structure of your house against perils that include wind, fire, smoke, and burglary. You should have enough dwelling coverage to rebuild or repair your house in case of a covered peril.
- Other Structures: This is protection for detached garages or sheds or other buildings on your property.
- Contents/Personal Property: This is coverage for the contents of your home, including furniture, electronics, clothing, and other personal belongings.
- Loss of Use: If your home is uninhabitable because of a covered peril, this coverage helps pay for alternative accommodations and living expenses while your home is being replaced or repaired.
- Personal Liability Protection: This coverage can provide financial protection in the event of a lawsuit in which you have caused an injury or property damage to a visitor.
- Medical Payments: This protection offers reimbursement for medical bills if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and a lawsuit is not involved.
Other Texas homeowners resources
- Home insurance calculator: Determine the amount of dwelling coverage you need here. Here, you can find average dwelling costs in Texas.
- Disaster preparedness guide: Prepare your home and family for any situation by using this guide.
- Home insurance discounts: Find additional discounts you might qualify for.
Home insurance in Texas - the city story
Drill down even deeper into Texas homeowners insurance rates. Find your city in the list below:
|Dallas||El Paso||Euless||Flower Mound|