Wyoming Home Insurance Quotes
From wide open prairies to the Rocky Mountains, the state of Wyoming embodies the American West. The breathtaking landscape is one reason why many residents call Wyoming home. And whether your home is out on the range or in a quiet suburb of Cheyenne, you need a home insurance policy you can count on to protect your investment. Licensed agents at HomeInsurance.com want to make shopping for Wyoming home insurance simple. That's why they'll help you compare multiple quotes from top providers in Wyoming until they find you an affordable policy with the most comprehensive coverage.
Comparison shopping is the best way to know you found a great deal, which is why our agents will give you up to eight Wyoming home insurance quotes, allowing comparisons of both coverage and price options until you find the right policy for you.
Our most recent Wyoming home insurance quotes
Your Wyoming neighbors have already started saving, so why aren't you? Check out the details of the last five policies written in Wyoming by HomeInsurance.com agents. Remember that certain variables affect the premium such as square footage and location.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,199†||$641†||$1,046†||$1,046†||$1,094†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Start working with HomeInsurance.com and find out how much you can save. Just fill out the quote form above or call us directly at 1-877-295-3422 and get Wyoming home insurance quotes customized just for you.
Wyoming Homeowners Insurance Discounts
While comparison shopping is a smart way to find a low quote on Wyoming homeowners insurance, there also are other ways to spend less on your premium. For example, home insurance experts recommend that homeowners shop their coverage annually to be sure they are getting the best price available. Experts also recommend utilizing available discounts. When you work with a HomeInsurance.com agent you'll have access to home insurance discounts across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks you should ask your agent about:
- Home Safety: Insurance providers like to reward homeowners who take extra safety precautions by owning things such as security systems, fire alarms, sprinkler systems and deadbolt locks. Homes with these items could be eligible for discounts between 5-20%.
- New Home: If you own a home that was built within the past 10 years, you could be eligible for savings of up to 20%.
- Bundling: Homeowners who have both their home and auto policies with one provider often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Claims-free: WY homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 20%.
Standard Wyoming homeowners insurance coverage
What's typically included in standard homeowners insurance in Wyoming? Take a look below:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Standard Wyoming homeowners insurance offers coverage for detached buildings or structures on your property in the event of a covered loss. Eligible items can include garages, sheds, and fences.
- Contents/Personal Property: Protects the contents inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing. High value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Standard WY policies provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection in the event that someone is injured on your property and decides to sue you. The coverage can apply to legal expenses and damages awarded in a case.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be held responsible for if a visitor gets injured on your property but decides not to sue you.
Flood Insurance for Wyoming Residents
Standard Wyoming homeowners insurance provides coverage for most weather perils including damage from wind, lightning, hail, ice, snow and fires. However, standard home insurance policies do not provide coverage for damage from earthquakes or floods. For these perils, homeowners are required to purchase separate policies. Click here to read about river flooding in Wyoming.
Homeowners who want to purchase a flood policy can do so through the National Flood Insurance Program. Keep in mind your home doesn't have to be located on a flood plain for it to be at risk. Many homeowners in the neighboring state of Colorado were devastated in 2013 when 14 counties experience catastrophic flooding. It goes to show that all homeowners should at least consider purchasing a flood policy. Weather can be unexpected and when it comes to your biggest investment it's best to cover all the bases. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program here.
Not quite sure what perils are covered by your home insurance? Review your policy and contact your agent if you have questions or would like to adjust your coverage.
For more information on insurance in the state of Wyoming, visit the Wyoming Department of Insurance.
Other Wyoming homeowners resources
If you have additional questions about home insurance, visit our helpful frequently asked questions page and get some answers.
Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss. Find out just how much you need with our home insurance calculator.
Disasters can happen to anyone but preparation is key. Get your family ready for the unexpected with our useful disaster preparedness guide.
Check out home insurance in Wyoming cities
Find your city on the list below to get more information about home insurance.