California Auto Insurance
Whether you're taking a road trip down the scenic coastline or commuting to work, California drivers must have car insurance. At a minimum, you must have liability coverage to cover costs from accidents you cause.
California auto insurance law requires drivers to purchase liability coverage of at least:
- $15,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $30,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $5,000 coverage for property damage
15/30/5 is below the national average for liability requirements. While lower liability requirements can result in lower premiums, you may want to consider more than the minimum. If you're liable for an accident and the damage exceeds your policy's coverage, you will be responsible for paying the remaining costs out-of-pocket.
To get coverage that fits your needs and doesn't leave you at risk of a major financial loss, call HomeInsurance.com today. You'll work with a licensed insurance agent who can help you find the coverage you deserve.
Get California auto insurance discounts
Want to save on your California auto insurance policy? You're not alone. HomeInsurance.com's licensed agents can help you find discounts to cut your premium. Discounts vary by provider, but our agents will help you explore your options.
- Good student discount: For drivers with less than 9 years of driving experience and are full-time students
- Inexperienced driver education discount: Only for drivers with less than 9 years of driving experience and have successfully completed the course
- Loyalty discount: For drivers who stay with the same insurance company for 1 year or longer
- Mature driver improvement course discount: For drivers age 55 and older
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Multiple line bundle discount
- Premium paid-in-full discount
- Safe driver discount: 20 percent discount for drivers who have:
- Been licensed for at least three years
- Have no more than one point on their driving records in the last three years
- Haven't been liable for more than $1,000 of property damage in the past three years
- Vehicle safety discount
Now that you know the California auto insurance requirements and available discounts, don't settle for mediocre coverage. Call now to talk to a licensed agent!