Connecticut Auto Insurance
If you own or operate a vehicle in Connecticut, you need auto insurance. At the minimum, state law requires drivers to have bodily injury and property damage liability insurance. These policies help cover costs from accidents you cause. Other Connecticut auto insurance coverage, such as collision, comprehensive, medical payments, and roadside assistance, is optional.
The Connecticut auto insurance liability coverage must total at least:
- $25,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $40,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $10,000 coverage for property damage
Connecticut's required bodily injury and property liability requirements are slightly below the national average. This may seem like an opportunity to save, you shouldn't skimp on coverage. If you're liable for a major accident and the costs exceed your coverage, you must pay the remaining amount out-of-pocket. To avoid a potentially devastating financial situation, it may be in your best interest to get extra protection.
Get Connecticut auto insurance discounts
For the best price on your auto insurance, you need to take advantage of the discounts you qualify for. When you use the HomeInsurance.com service, our licensed agents will work to find what's available.
- Defensive driving course discount: For drivers age 60 or older who
- Safe driving discount: For drivers with no moving violations or liability claims during the past three years
- Good student discount: For drivers age 25 or younger who are full-time students or recent graduates, except married females
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Multiple line bundle discount
- Passive restraint and airbag discount
- Premium paid-in-full discount
- Vehicle safety discount: For vehicles with factory installed features including anti-lock brakes, side airbags, daytime running headlights, and more
Now that you know the basics, it's time to get covered. If you're unsure how to balance your budget and coverage requirements, start by working with a licensed insurance agent to explore your options. Call today to get the coverage you deserve!