Idaho Auto Insurance
Yes, our website's name is HomeInsurance.com, but you should know we also help consumers find auto insurance as well. Each state has its own requirements, and we've dug through the rules to give Idaho drivers insight on required coverages and potential discounts.
First, the state requires bodily injury and property damage liability coverages for all drivers. These two coverages protect you from paying medical bills or for costly repairs to someone’s vehicle out-of-pocket if you cause a collision that injures someone else or damages their property, including their vehicle. Idaho requires the following minimum coverage:
- $25,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $15,000 coverage for property damage
Here's the thing – minimum coverage might not be enough. Remember, you're personally responsible for anything exceeding your limit.
Potential Idaho auto insurance discounts
Idahoans may be eligible to receive the following discounts on car insurance:
- Good student discount: If you have a student on your policy that’s earning B’s or better on their report card, you could reap the benefits.
- Good driving discount: If you’ve gone a period of years without a collision or filing a claim, you could qualify for the good driver discount.
- Multi-car discount: Need to insure multiple cars on the same policy? You could save money by doing so.
- Multi-policy discount: Insure your home, car, boat, etc. with the same provider and you could qualify for a bundling discount.
- Homeowners discount: Owning your home could actually save you money on car insurance.
- Senior discount: If you’re an Idaho resident over the age of 65 and have passed a defensive driving course, you qualify for this discount.
- Safety features discount: Most vehicles have seatbelts and airbags, but if your car also has features such as anti-lock brakes and anti-theft devices, you could save on your policy.
Call us today and speak with a licensed insurance agent to discover how much you might be able to save on an Idaho auto insurance policy.