Kentucky Auto Insurance
For many Kentucky residents, driving is a key part of everyday life. With that comes the need for auto insurance.
State law requires Kentucky drivers to get bodily injury and property damage liability coverage, as well as personal injury protection insurance (PIP). Liability insurance offers financial support in case you are responsible for an accident. PIP protection is "no-fault" insurance coverage, so no matter who is liable, your policy can cover some of your and your passengers' medical expenses.
Kentucky auto insurance liability requirements are as follows:
- $25,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $10,000 coverage for property damage
Even though you're only mandated to hold minimum coverage, this may not be enough to cover the costs of an accident. Extra coverage could help you avoid large out-of-pocket payouts.
You may also want to consider auto insurance coverage for non- liability claims. Liability coverage will not help pay for damage from flooding, riots, fallen trees, hit-and-run accidents, and many other perils.
Find Kentucky auto insurance discounts
Rather than skimping on your coverage, you can lower your premium with any number of these discounts. Discounts vary by provider.
- Anti-theft device discount: For vehicles equipped with qualifying security devices
- Defensive driving course discount: For drivers age 55 or older who voluntarily complete an approved accident prevention course
- Driver training discount: For drivers age 21 or younger who have competed an approved driver education course, except married females
- Good driver discount: For drivers with no liability claims or traffic tickets in the past three years
- Good student discount: For drivers age 25 or younger who are full-time students or recent graduates, except married females
- Homeowners discount
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Multiple line bundle discount
- Multiple vehicles with uninsured coverage discount: Uninsured coverage protects drivers in the event of accidents with drivers who have insufficient or no insurance. It also is useful for hit and run claims.
- Passive restraint discount
- Premium paid-in-full discount
- Senior citizen discount: Personal injury protection discounts for drivers age 65 or older
- Vehicle safety discount: For vehicles made in 1994 or later, depending on the make and model
A great to get available discounts is with the help of a HomeInsurance.com licensed agent. Rather than spending hours comparing quotes from individual providers, give us a call. In minutes, our agents can build a quote to fit your needs from a top-rated provider. Getting the coverage you need at a price you deserve is fast and easy!