Louisiana Auto Insurance
Every state requires that drivers carry some variation of auto insurance coverage. In Louisiana, drivers have to have bodily injury and property damage liability coverages.
Bodily injury liability covers medical, rehabilitation, and funeral costs up to a certain point that you and your provider have agreed upon if you cause a wreck that injures another person. Property damage liability can cover a portion of repairs or replacements of another party's vehicle or other property that result from a collision that you caused. The minimum requirements for coverage in Louisiana are:
- $15,000 bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 total injury coverage per incident
- $25,000 coverage for property damage
Sticking to the minimum coverages may be an attractive option, but keep in mind that doing so can be dangerous. If you cause a wreck that exceeds these limits, you'll be liable for the difference, and medical and property damage costs can add up very quickly. Discuss your options with a HomeInsurance.com agent before deciding on a policy.
Auto insurance discounts in The Pelican State
Depending on their provider, drivers in Louisiana could be eligible for:
- Homeowners discount. Do you own your home? If so, you could save on your car insurance policy.
- Multi-car discount. If you have more than one car and you insure them all with the same company, you could get a deduction on your policy.
- Multi-policy discount. Insure your car, home, and other possessions with the same provider to save on your policies.
- Good student discount. If you have a student on your policy that's under 25 and earning B's or better in school, you could reap the benefits.
- Safety features discount. Does your car have anti-theft devices, anti-lock brakes, seatbelts, and airbags? If so, you could save on auto insurance.
- Good driving discount. If you’ve gone several years without getting a moving violation, causing a wreck, or filing a claim, you could qualify for this discount.
To hear about all the discounts and coverage options available for Louisiana residents, call a HomeInsurance.com representative today!