Minnesota Auto Insurance
No matter where you live in Minnesota, you need auto insurance to own or regularly operate a vehicle. However, finding the right coverage shouldn't be a hassle. Thanks to the HomeInsurance.com service, understanding your needs and finding coverage only takes minutes.
The cost of auto insurance depends on state laws and individual factors about the driver. In Minnesota, drivers must have bodily injury and property damage liability insurance, personal injury protection (PIP), and uninsured motorist coverage.
Liability insurance helps pay for damage from accidents you caused, while PIP coverage can be used in many claims, no matter who is liable. And if you're injured or your vehicle is damaged by a driver with insufficient coverage, your uninsured coverage will come in handy.
Minnesota auto insurance laws require liability coverage of at least:
- $30,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $60,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $10,000 coverage for property damage
All factors equal, getting the minimum required coverage will get you the lowest available price for Minnesota auto insurance. However, you might want to increase your coverage to be protected from major financial losses.
If you're liable for an accident with damage or injury costs greater than your coverage limits, you are personally responsible for paying the remaining amount. To avoid this situation, you might want to reconsider your policy.
Find Minnesota auto insurance discounts
Instead of cutting your coverage, you can lower your premium with many different discounts. An easy way to find what you qualify for is to work with a licensed HomeInsurance.com agent. Discounts vary by provider.
- Anti-theft device discount: For vehicles equipped with security alarms and other passive anti-theft technology
- Defensive driving course discount: For drivers age 55 and older who have voluntarily completed an approved accident prevention course
- Good student discount: For drivers age 25 or younger who are full-time students or recent college graduates, except married females
- Homeowners discount
- Multiple vehicle discount
- Multiple line bundle discount
- Passive restraint and airbag discount
- Safe driving discount: For drivers with no tickets or at-fault accidents during the past three years
- Vehicle safety discount
Every driver has different insurance needs, so the best way to get the right policy is to speak with a HomeInsurance.com agent. Call today!