Tennessee Auto Insurance
Tennesseans must have bodily injury and property damage liability coverage on their car insurance policies before getting behind the wheel. Bodily injury liability comes into play when you cause a wreck that injures another driver or passengers.
If they rack up medical bills, your insurance will help you pay those costs. Property damage liability coverage on your policy helps to pay for any damage you cause to another party’s car if you’ve struck it.
Following are Tennessee's requirements and what they mean:
- $25,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $15,000 coverage for property damage
While those numbers sound big, payouts for injuries, damage and legal awards can exhaust those limits quickly. And once your provider hits its limits, you're responsible for the rest of the money owed; you might want to consider purchasing more coverage than you must.
Discounts for auto coverage in Tennessee
Tennessee residents could qualify for a number of auto insurance discounts, including:
- Multi-car discount. Do you have more than one car that needs to be insured? If so, you could get a discount for covering them under the same provider.
- Claim-free discount. Have you gone several years without having a wreck or filing a claim? If you have, you could qualify for this discount.
- Good student discount. If you have a student on your policy that’s earning B’s or better in school, you could reap the benefits.
- Homeowners discount. If you own your home, you could get a break on your auto insurance.
- Safety features discount. Does your vehicle have automatic seat belts, an anti-theft system, air bags, and/or anti-lock brakes? If it does, you could be eligible for this discount.
- Multi-policy discount. Need to protect your home, vehicle, or other possession? Insuring them with the same carrier could save you cash.
So if you're looking for auto insurance in Tennessee, count on HomeInsurance.com to help you find a policy that can suit your needs.
Call today and let us get started!