Virginia Auto Insurance
In Virginia, drivers must have bodily injury and property damage liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages included in their auto insurance policies. Bodily injury liability protects you in instances when you cause a collision and another party is injured and needs medical attention, and property damage liability covers repair or replacement costs to another’s property when you’re at fault in a wreck.
- $25,000 coverage for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 coverage for total injury per accident
- $20,000 coverage for property damage
The amounts above might seem big, but they actually represent minimum coverage. The actual amounts you could owe from a wreck you cause could be much greater, and you'd be on the hook for any amounts that exceed what your provider pays.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage protects you in the event that you’re struck by a driver without insurance or sans adequate insurance. It can also help if you're the victim of a hit-and-run.
Check out Virginia auto insurance discounts
Virginians are eligible for a range of car insurance discounts, including:
- Homeowners discount. If you own your home, you could save on car insurance, too.
- Safety features discount. Does your car have anti-lock brakes and/or an anti-theft device? If so, you could save.
- Claim-free discount. If you’ve gone a period of years without filing a claim, you could pay less for your premium.
- Good student discount. Do you have a student under 25 on your policy that’s earning B’s or better in the classroom? Notify your agent to reap the benefits.
- Multi-car discount. If you have more than one vehicle in your driveway, insure them both with the same carrier to see savings.
- Multi-policy discount. Need insurance for your home and car? Bundling both with the same provider can save you money on your policies.
What does all this information mean? That you should check your policy and see if you're getting the coverage you deserve at a price you can afford.
Call HomeInsurance.com today and a licensed agent will help you find the coverage you need. Do it now!