Wyoming Auto Insurance
Every state in America but New Hampshire mandates that drivers have auto insurance that meets specific requirements. In Wyoming, motorists must have policies that include bodily injury and property damage liability coverage.
Liability coverage protects you and your finances in the event that you're responsible for a collision. If you hit another driver and cause damage to their vehicle, property damage liability can cover the necessary repairs or replacements up to your policy's maximum limits. Similarly, if you strike another motorist and injure them, bodily injury liability can cover medical, rehabilitation, and/or funeral expenses, again up to your policy's cap. Any expenses that exceed the parameters set in your policy will have to be paid out of pocket.
In Wyoming, the minimum liability limits are:
- $25,000 bodily injury coverage per person
- $50,000 total injury coverage per incident
- $20,000 coverage for property damage
Many motorists opt to stick to the state-mandated coverage in order to save money on their policies. Though this may be tempting, it could be unwise to do as you'll potentially put yourself at risk for higher out of pocket payments in various situations. Consult a licensed agent to determine which coverage option best fits your needs.
Auto insurance discounts in the Cowboy State
While providers vary greatly in the price breaks they offer, drivers in Wyoming can qualify for the following:
- Good student discount. Do you have a student on your policy who's younger than 25 and earning a 3.0 GPA or higher in school? If so, you could save on auto insurance.
- Good driver discount. If you've gone a period of years without causing a wreck, filing a claim, or getting a moving violation, you can qualify for a policy reduction.
- Multi-policy discount. Need to insure your home, car, motorcycle, boat, or other possession? Cover them all with the same insurance carrier to save on your policies.
- Multi-car discount. Do you have more than one car in your household? Insuring them all with the same company could make you eligible for this discount.
- Safety features discount. If your car is equipped with an anti-theft device, anti-lock brakes, seatbelts, and/or airbags, you could save on your car insurance policy.
Contact a licensed agent to find the policy that best fits your situation, and don't forget to ask about discounts!