Home HQ
Learn More Call 1-833-244-3465

I only owe $8500 on my home. Can I get only $8500 worth of flood coverage on my home?

No, flood insurance policies must cover the replacement or repair of your entire home in the event of a total loss. Flood insurance coverage, just like standard homeowners insurance coverage, is calculated by determining the replacement cost of your entire home. An insurance agent will typically multiply the square footage of your home by local building costs (per square foot) to determine the dwelling coverage you need. For a quick estimate of how much dwelling coverage you may need on your home, feel free to use our Dwelling Coverage Calculator.


Flood insurance policies are held by the National Flood Insurance Program. For more information about flood insurance policies visit the NFIP’s website,


For a flood insurance quote, call 1-877-763-6862 and speak with a licensed agent.


Call now and speak to a licensed agent to receive a quote from one of our partners: 1-833-244-3465