Home Insurance FAQs
Have a question about home insurance? Chances are, someone else has had the same query. Check our list of Frequently Asked Questions below to see.
Our FAQs address concerns about coverage, claims, and costs, among other issues. They also address the differences between cancellation of your policy and nonrenewal and between homeowners insurance and a home warranty. They tell you why a home inventory is important and how you can compile one.
When you're ready to seek up to eight free home insurance quotes, give us a call at the number above or enter your ZIP Code in the form on the right.
- What is Homeowners Insurance?
- Can I own a home without homeowners insurance?
- How do I take a home inventory?
- How much does home insurance cost?
- What information do I need to provide to my insurance agent?
- When should I review my home insurance policy?
- What do I do if I have a claim?
- Will my rates increase?
- What do you need to buy a standard flood policy?
- If I'm escrowing my home insurance, how do I cancel mid-term?
- What type of home insurance coverage do I need for my condo?
- Does my homeowners insurance cover flooding?
- Can I get insurance if I rent my home?
- What is the difference between cancellation and non renewal?
- How much homeowners insurance do I need?
- Do I need separate coverage for jewelry?
- What type of homeowners insurance do I need if I am installing a pool?
- What is an umbrella liability policy?
- Do I need extra insurance coverage if I am renovating my home?
- Does home insurance cover water damage caused by household appliances?
- What is the difference between actual cash value and replacement cost coverage?
- What is the difference between home insurance and a home warranty?
- Why is the replacement cost so high? I didn't pay that much to buy it.
- What does my policy cover?
- How can I save money on my home insurance?
- How does my home insurance deductible affect my premium?
- Why do home insurance companies check credit scores?
- How much will my discount be if I buy a monitored home security system?
- How can I prepare my home for the cold winter months?
- How can I prepare my home and family for a hurricane?
- How can I winterize my home?
- How can I reduce storm damage to my home?
- How can I reduce the risk of dog bites on my property?
- How can I prevent bike theft?
- What can I do to prevent grill fires and injuries?
- How can I prevent home burglary?
- How can I prevent lawn mower accidents and injuries?
- Can you give me some pool safety tips?
- How can I prevent mold in my home?
- If my mortgage company doesn't require it, do I really need flood insurance?