Home HQ
Learn More Call 1-833-244-3465

Do I need separate coverage for jewelry?

A: Coverage for stolen or destroyed jewelry and other precious items such as furs, chinaware, watches, etc. is typically included in a standard homeowners policy.

The coverage, however, is limited to the amount specified in your policy. Many standard home insurance policies will cover only about $1500 for jewelry but not exceeding $1000 for any one article. If you determine that you need more insurance coverage for your jewelry and other valuable items, contact an agent to discuss options for increasing your limit of this portion of your policy.

Last Updated: July 15, 2009

Have other questions about home insurance or how to get started? Want to speak with one of our licensed agents? Give us a call at 1-833-244-3465 and let us get started on your quote today!

More Frequently Asked Questions About Homeowners Insurance

Call now and speak to a licensed agent to receive a quote from one of our partners: 1-833-244-3465