Home HQ
Learn More Call 1-833-244-3465

What do you need to buy a standard flood policy?

An agent will need a copy of your elevation certificate. The elevation certificate, based on a land survey conducted by a surveyor, lists the details of your home in relation to the flood plain that you live in. When you buy a home, request a certificate from the seller or talk to your real estate agent about it. One other thing: Flood insurance must be paid in full at the time of purchase.

Last Updated: February 15, 2013

Have other questions about home insurance or how to get started? Want to speak with one of our licensed agents? Give us a call at 1-833-244-3465 and let us get started on your quote today!

More Frequently Asked Questions About Homeowners Insurance

Call now and speak to a licensed agent to receive a quote from one of our partners: 1-833-244-3465