What information do I need to provide to my insurance agent?
When asking for a home insurance quote, be prepared to answer some questions about your home and claims history. Having all of this information available beforehand can help you get a quote faster.
Here is some of the information you may need to get a home insurance quote:
- Home Details such as square footage, construction type, roof age, etc.
- The amount of liability coverage you need
- If your home is your primary or secondary residence
- What type of pets you own (if any)
- Details about any home insurance claims you have filed in the past 5 years
- The age of your home and when your electrical, plumbing and heating were last updated
Having this information handy can help speed along the quote process. Plus, the more accurate the information you provide, the more accurate your quote.
Last Updated: September 16, 2010
Have other questions about home insurance or how to get started? Want to speak with one of our licensed agents? Give us a call at 1-833-244-3465 and let us get started on your quote today!