Does My Homeowners Policy Cover Gold and Money?

1 min read

If you are a homeowner who keeps cash or gold bars (ingots) stashed in your home- make sure you know your homeowners insurance coverage for these types of items.

For example, most standard homeowners insurance policies will provide only about $200 worth of coverage for money, bank notes, coins, medals, bullion, gold bars (other than goldware) and silver (other than silverware).

For specifics on your policy, contact your homeowners insurance agent.

As always- if you are planning on keeping money, gold or other high-value items in your home a safe is strongly reccomended-otherwise- you might be left without coverage in the event of a loss. To be on the safe side, you might want to consider keeping your money, gold, bank notes and silver in a safety deposit box at the bank.

Read Previous House Insurance vs.… Read Next The Top 4th…