*Homeinsurance.com is not affiliated with Acuity Insurance and is unable provide quotes from this carrier.*
Company Type: Private
CEO: Benjamin M. Salzmann
Headquarters: Sheboygan, WI
Number of Employees: 950+
A.M. Best Financial Stability Rating: A+
Acuity was founded in 1925 in the town of Herman, WI, and moved to Sheboygan in 1960. Acuity Insurance moved to its present location in 1984. After renovating its headquarters in 2004, Acuity added the tallest flagpole in the U.S. in 2005. At present, a 400-foot flagpole stands outside company headquarters and is open to the public.
Acuity enjoys an A+ rating from both A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s and is the 65th largest insurer in the United States. The company has been named a top 500 technology company by InformationWeek for more than 10 years.
Today, Acuity is licensed to sell insurance in 23 states through a network of insurance agents. Acuity Insurance generates more than $1 billion in revenue each year by selling a wide range of property and casualty insurance policies, including:
- Residential insurance for primary homes, rental dwellings, condominium units, trailers, seasonal homes, replacement cost on home and personal property, and more
- Tenant property insurance
- Uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist insurance
- Vehicle insurance for passenger cars, pickup trucks and vans, SUVs, high-performance cars, all-terrain vehicles, antique cars, motorcycles, trailers and sidecars
- Collectible insurance for coins and stamps, fine art, and other collectibles
- Home-Based business insurance
- Homeowner insurance for sewer backup, umbrella liability, and other special needs
- Personal Property insurance including dedicated insurance for furs, personal computers, mobile devices, silverware, tools, jewelry, and other prized possessions
- Recreational insurance for snowmobiles, guns, musical instruments, boats, yachts, personal watercraft and more
To initiate an insurance claim with Acuity, policyholders can either call the company or complete an online form. Company claims representative agents strive to contact you the same day your claim is filed, or within 24 hours. Claims representative agents will answer your questions, schedule an inspection or estimate, and discuss repair options.
The agent will gather as much information as possible about the insurance claim, and then use the information gathered to make a determination on whether the claim is covered. Once an agreed-upon price is reached, you will receive a payment for the amount of the claim, less any deductible you are responsible to cover.
Acuity has less than 2 percent turnover and prides itself on attracting and retaining motivated, knowledgeable insurance professionals to better protect American families, homes, and personal property with comprehensive insurance policies. Great Places to Work selected Acuity as the best mid-sized company to work for in America in 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
With corporate values of social stewardship, capital investment, and education, Acuity prides itself on maintaining a culture of volunteerism and philanthropy. The company supports nonprofits including American Cancer Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Meals on Wheels, Salvation Army, and the United Way.