*Homeinsurance.com is not affiliated with Amica Insurance and is unable to provide quotes from this carrier.*
Company Type: Private
CEO: Robert A. DiMuccio
Headquarters: Lincoln, R.I.
Number of employees: 3,200+
A.M. Best Financial Stability Rating: A++
Amica Mutual Insurance was founded in 1907 in Providence, Rhode Island, by A.T. Vigneron. The first incarnation of the company offered auto, theft and fire policies. The company has gone on to offer other insurance products such as home and life insurance. Unlike many other companies, Amica is a mutual insurance company with policyholders holding an ownership stake in the group, rather than stockholders.
In 2007, Amica celebrated its 100th anniversary. Today, the company has 44 offices across the country and is the oldest mutual insurer of automobiles in the United States. Amica consistently receives high ratings from groups like J.D. Power and Associates and A.M. Best Company for things like financial stability and customer satisfaction.
Amica now commands the subsidiaries of Amica General Agency Inc., Amica General Insurance Agency of California Inc., Amica Life Insurance Company, Amica Property and Casualty Insurance Company, and Amica Lloyd’s of Texas Inc.
By simply scanning these subsidiary names, it’s easy to see what Amica Insurance offers in terms of available policies. While the company is primarily a home, auto, and life insurer, they also offer a wide range of other policies. Amica also offers renters insurance, umbrella insurance, condo insurance and much more.
For customers looking to save money, Amica offers a wide range of discounts. Some of these discounts may include:
- Multi-line discount: If you hold multiple policies with Amica, you may be able to save money on your monthly premium.
- Multi-car discount: Are you planning on insuring more than one vehicle with Amica? Doing so could save you money.
- Loyalty discount: Customers who have been with Amica for a long time may be eligible for price breaks on their premium. Sometimes it pays to be loyal.
- Anti-theft device discount: Auto policyholders with Amica may qualify for a discount if their vehicle has an alarm system or other anti-theft device.
- Airbag discount: If your car has factory installed airbags, you may qualify for lower rates.
There are also discounts for those who pay their premiums in full, e-discounts for people who buy online, and a discount for policyholders who sign up for the company’s automatic payment plan.
Customers with Amica can receive 24/7 customer support through Amica’s website. Here, policyholders can report and track claims, pay their bill, print ID cards and even look at their current coverage. For those who would rather speak to an agent, there are phone numbers listed in the customer service section.