Safeco: Home Insurance Company
Policy Service: 1-800-578-6701
Safeco Claim Services
Founded in 1923 as the General Insurance Company of America, Safeco began as a casualty and home insurance provider. Today, it sells many types of coverage, including home, auto, boat, and motorcycle.
Safeco Insurance's operational headquarters remain in the greater Seattle, Wash., area, and the company continues to have a strong presence. The carrier owns the naming rights to Safeco Field, the home stadium of the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders.
Safeco Home Insurance protects you, and your family from major financial losses. Property coverage is broken into four categories. To learn more about property or liability insurance coverage, check out our Home Insurance 101 page.
- Dwelling coverage helps protect the physical structure of your home. This includes the home's frame, supports, walls, floor, exterior siding, and more. Your coverage should at least equal the cost of total replacement.
- Other structures coverage is insurance for structures that are on your property but not part of your home. These can include swimming pools, detached garages, fences, and sheds. The limit for this protection usually is set at 10% of dwelling coverage.
- Personal property coverage protects the contents of your home, including clothing, furniture, jewelry, and electronics. It's important to remember that there are coverage limits for high-value items, so consult a licensed insurance agent to evaluate your needs.
- Loss of use coverage provides reimbursement for living expenses while your home is damaged and deemed uninhabitable from a covered claim.
Standard Safeco home insurance policies also include two types of liability coverages, which protect you if you cause an injury to another party. These protections help with medical costs if the person doesn't sue or with medical and legal costs if they do.
Accidents happen anywhere and at any time, which is why Safeco home insurance allows customers to access the insurance help they need from their smartphones. Depending on the policy, customers can:
- File a home, auto, or natural disaster insurance claim
- Get roadside help
- Find a local Safeco Home Insurance agent
- Report a stolen car
Fill out the information requested above or call now and get a quote in minutes!Get a quote